You probably took the title of this blog two ways. We often use the term “give it up” to communicate to someone to stop what they’re doing… or it’s a slang we use to indicate we intend to have sex… neither is what I’m referring to in today’s post. Most of you have heard the saying “It’s better to give than to receive” but who of you truly believes that? I know all of you would say you do but let’s evaluate your actions.
1. When you give someone a birthday card or gift do you get bent out of shape if they don’t say “thank you?”
2. When Christmas comes around and you don’t get a gift in return for the one you gave do you feel some kind of way and vow not to make the same mistake next year?
3. If you see someone in distress and offer to help in any way do you then reach out to them later to arrange a form of repayment?
4. If your neighbor needs help with raking the leaves or carrying groceries are you upset if they don’t offer to pay you for your services?
5. For my church folks… Do you tithe because you want something in return and not because it’s a command in the Bible? Continue reading “GIVE IT UP”